I love this pie! This is a no bake recipe and it is in my opinion one of the best of pumpkin pies. I originally started with the traditional ingredients from a pumpkin filling can but I also knew I wanted to incorporate beef gelatin because it’s healthy and of course it helps it set without having to use any flours. To me a delicious pumpkin pie is not baked and full of delicious spices, not just pumpkin, so this is perfect.
I was searching for pie filling using beef gelatin as a thickener and I came across Low Carb Maven. Wow, now we are getting somewhere, a pumpkin pie that’s not baked! Yum! I used what I believe to be Low Carb Maven’s brilliant method and it sure did come out so good! I did of course spice some things up a bit and I have my own crust that I think pairs perfectly with this recipe. This crust is my absolute favorite and sure considering how easy it is to make and how wonderful it tastes, you will love it too!
Let me know what you think in the comments below. Happy Thanksgiving and of course don’t forget to pig out keto style!
Keto Pumpkin Mousse
For The Crust
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes
- Mix thoroughly all the wet ingredients in medium mixing bowl. Add the dry ingredients and mix until it forms a dough. There is no need to roll it out because you will press the dough directly into the 9'' pie pan.
- Then cover the edges and continue to bake for 5-10 minutes. You want it to be golden brown because it will not go back in the oven.
- First you will want to mix the eggs, condensed milk, sweetener, cloves, ginger, nut meg, cinnamon and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef gelatin and continue to cook for about 5-10 stirring constantly. Turn off heat and add your canned PUMPKIN, maple extract and vanilla extract.
- Mix well and pour this mixture into your pie crust and bake for 10-15 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into it.