Have you ever had a Pfeffernüsse? As a special request from my husband, this was my first time making them… And wow, let me just say these are fantastic! They have a lot more zing than gingerbread, making them a bit more of an “adult” cookie that goes great with coffee or something stronger.
Try them out and let me know what you think in the comments below!
- 3/4 Cup VitaFiber (Use code VFGSCH20 for 20% off!)
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Larg Eggs
- 2 Tsp Anise Extract
- 1 Cup Blanched Almond flour (Buy on Amazon)
- 1 and 1/2 Cup Coconut flour (Buy on Amazon)
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Monkfruit sweetener (Buy on Amazon)
- 2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 Tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Black pepper
- If your cookie dough is ready, preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl add the dry ingredients and mix.
- In a sauce pan add the Vitafiber, butter and melt over low heat while stirring continuously. Remove from heat add in the anise and eggs and mix well before adding that into the dry ingredients. Wrap and place in the fridge for two or more hours.
- Wrap and place in the fridge for two or more hours.
- Roll into 1 and 1/2 inch sized balls and place on a baking sheet, flattening slightly if desired. Bake time is 15 minutes for all 30 cookies.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes, then frost or drizzle with chocolate glaze.