How many of the keto-style cabbage lasagna recipes have you tried and come away with underwhelmed? Well, this Italian girl is here to bring out the full flavor in this classic dish while keeping your insulin level low!
Our family loves full flavored dishes, so this recipe includes healthy portions of prebiotic garlic and onion that you’ll cook along with whatever grass fed meat you want for the filling.
One thing I did find with this recipe was that you would be better off making smaller pieces of the cabbage instead of leaving it as whole leaves. It will not cut with a fork like you would think. Unless you prefer using a knife with every bite, cut the leaves into pieces to make for an experience close to the real thing!
Let me know what you think in the comments below, and pig out keto-style!
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes, for the last five minutes turn up temp to 450 to brown the top! This recipe will make 10 huge servings.
- Start by browning the onions, garlic and beef (we used lamb and it was so good) in gee or butter. While thats going, start to boil some water for your cabbage. Once your water is at a boil, add in cabbage. Boil cabbage until it looks like it's falling apart.
- Add the ricotta, parmesan, Italian seasonings, 3 eggs and parsley to a bowl and mix well then set aside. Once your meat has browned, add in the sauce and cook on low while you dry and cut the cabbage. Then you are ready to assemble this lasagna!
- This is the fun part and you can really do it up how you like. I put down some meat sauce first, then some cabbage and on top of that some cheese. Repeat until it's amazing. I did wait to add all the mozzarella on top with some extra parmesan.
- Note: if you do not dry the cabbage well you will have watery lasagna. You can make this recipe without cabbage also, I would just add more cheese layers and or different veggies… Just slice em up! Yummy!