First time making toffee? This recipe is so easy! This batch makes about 2-3 dozen depending on how big you break them.
Keto English Toffee
- Place your almonds on a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for 10 minute at 350 degrees. While thats going start the toffee. Put your butter, sugar and vanilla in a pot over medium low just to start.
- Once it is mostly melted turn up heat to medium high stirring constantly mixing making sure to not scorch it for about 10 minutes or more. (It will bubble up high and will almost look like foam rising.)
- After it has been at a boiling point for 5-10 minutes then turn off heat let sit for a couple of minutes before pouring over almonds, trust me it's hot! Do not touch it! Get your chocolate chips ready but let the toffee cool for a minute once it has been poured over almonds or the chips will just sink in the toffee.
- The almonds are what make this so good, I would not make this without some kind of nut as the base. The toffee alone would not be as good.
- After a minute or two spread the melted chocolate around and then add your pecan crumbs on top and you will be so pleased with what you've made. Put in freezer to cool completely, this will take about 20 or 30 minutes.
This of course will not be as hard as toffee made with sugar but I personally think that’s what makes this toffee even better! Keep stored in the fridge and enjoy when necessary. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!