Put the rise back in your keto cupcakes with this delicious recipe! This recipe will make 12 big vanilla cupcakes. You will bake these at 325F for about 15-20 minutes. You will need to use a non-stick cupcake pan and also spray coconut oil or grease the wells with butter before adding the batter. I have tried paper cupcake liners and the cupcakes do stick, so it helps to spray even the liners if you want to use them.
Servings: 12 Cupcakes
What you need for the cake
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream lactose free
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Monkfruit 1:1 Sugar Substitute Golden
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp gelatin grass fed
- Keto butter cream frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese lactose free
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz butter gee
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup monkfruit sweetener
- Bake 325F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- First, mix the eggs, sour cream, vanilla and sweetener until well combined using a blender or a whisk.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and gelatin.
- The gelatin helps these cupcakes set after rising like regular flour does so I feel it's important to not leave it out.
- Mix until just combined -- do not over-mix or the final texture will not be as cake-like.
- Let the batter set for a minute while you get your pan ready. I found it easiest to spoon in the batter.
- This batter will thicken up within just a few minutes.
For the frosting
- Make sure butter and cream cheese is at room temperature.
- The best way to keep this butter cream frosting from looking like cottage cheese is to blend them separately in different bowls first.
- Blend the vanilla and monkfruit sweetener in with the cream cheese.
- Once the butter is whipped up good add that to the cream cheese and same for the whipped heavy cream. Try not to over whip once they're all together.